Issue with the cache

From: Joshua Pyle (joshua.t.pyl..mail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 22:45:37 EST

    I'm running into an interesting problem...

    1. I run a query in Cayenne
    2. Outside of chayenne I update a field and commit to the DB
    3. I re-run the test at 1 and the field has not changed.

    I'm using Oracle 9 DB and jdbc drivers
    I have turned off shared cache
    I'm running from within a TimerTask that uses a thread bound datacontext
    I call the following before re-running the query ...

        dbContext.invalidateObjects( dbContext.getObjectStore().getObjects() );

    This is a bit frustrating because it seems to only hold onto varchar
    fields, when I change a DATE field the change of the DATE field is
    noticed but not the varchar field changes.

    --
    Joshua T. Pyle
    Go has always existed.