Re: The life of a DataObject

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 17:16:33 EST

    Fredrik Liden <flide..ranslate.com> wrote:
    > So would it be possible to create a object graph in a non-shared
    > DataContext. And then somehow transfer that whole graph over to the
    > shared context assuming there are no errors?

    You're asking for a nested DataContext. It's not available in Cayenne yet,
    but it probably will be in the next few months as a lot of people (including
    my own programming group) have expressed a need for it.

    For now, you'd have to manually do this with
    sharedDataContext.localObjects().

    > Also, how is the temporaryDataContext different from a non-shared
    > DataContext?

    I can't remember the context I used temporaryDataContext in, but I think
    temporaryDataContext was an instance of a non-shared DataContext.

    -Mike