Re: [question] ExpressionFactory.notInExp()

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 11:05:12 EST

    Laszlo Spoor <lspoor_cayenn..otmail.com> wrote:
    > > > Yes, I could, as a last act of despairation evade to the SQL
    > > > Template, but I don't think this is a very good solution for
    > > > an ObjectRelational Bridge, so I am still trying to resolve
    > > > this problem 'Cayenne Style'. :)

    I'm not sure why you don't want to use SQL Template.
    It's designed to handle ad hoc queries.

    It's just a different way to specify what sql gets generated, but the
    results can still be returned as relational objects.
    If you're worried about embedding table and field names into the query, just
    fetch them from the model. That's all the Expression stuff does underneath.
     It just means there's a little more work for you.

    I still think there's probably a way to do this with Expressions, but I
    don't have time to try to figure out how. I'd think you could experiment
    around with it with query logging enabled and see how combinations of
    expressions generate various chunks of sql.

    -Mike