BigDecimal vs Integer -- StoredProcedure out parameter vs Query

From: Pirola Davide (davide.pirol..tin.it)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 11:15:13 EST

    Hi,
    i have two way for access to my data in a table.

    1)Stored procedure out parameter.

    2)SelecQuery

    In all the cases this is the query executed :

            "SELECT id,field1, field2 ... FROM mytable WHERE id = myvalue"

    When i map this record to my java object, in the first case the id value is returned by cayenne as BigDecimal, in the second case as Integer.

    Why?

    I prefer to use Integer... how i can tell to cayenne to handle oralce number type as Integer value?

    (i have alreay mapped this with java.lang.Integer in data map xml file)