Re: double-clicking and DataContexts bound to the HttpSession

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 17:43:43 EST

    Bryan Lewis <brya..aine.rr.com> wrote:
    > We use the SynchronizerToken pattern in our Tapestry+Cayenne apps. The
    > second submission would be stopped at the validation stage, and the user
    > would've gotten a friendly error page saying something like, "You've
    > resubmitted the form."
    >
    > http://www.junlu.com/msg/85270.html

    Yeah, the real problem is that due to back-button manipulation, the same
    session could be working on different code but using the same DataContext,
    so you can't just use tokens to fix the problem.

    Ie, a user might submit a request to Update their profile, then hit the back
    button four times and submit a form to update their sock collection.
    Having both updates being prepared and committed using the same datacontext
    is going to cause problems.

    I decided to change my request processor to serialize request processing per
    session so that only one action is ever being processed for a given session
    as a short term solution until I can come up with something better (if such
    is possible).

    -Mike