Re: Wicket and Tapestry was: [Cayenne vs. EOF...]

From: Jamie Orchard-Hays (jami..ang.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 22:11:57 EST

    3.0 is great. 3.1, which is coming up on it's first alpha will
    streamline a lot of the more difficult aspects of Tapestry. For
    example, you won't have to declare the types of properties in page and
    component specifications and there will no longer be different
    parameter directions for component parameters. In addition, HiveMind
    will be built-in transparently, taking care of services and
    configuration points.

    At Darden Solutions (Darden is the University of Virginia's Business
    School, and DS is a software group there), we have built our whole
    suite of applications (except Alumni) using Tapestry 3.0.x and have
    been extremely happy. The productivity gains over Struts (used for
    Alumni) are fantastic, and the reuse of components is as well.

    Jamie