Validation Questions

From: Fredrik Liden (flide..ranslate.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 15:40:55 EST

    Could someone give me some pointers on how to use Validation in a
    project? If it's recommended at all.

    I have one jsp with a form and a servlet that processes an add action.
    How would I use validation in this case?

    Wrap the add part with a try and catch? and requestdispatcher.
    How would I track down failurs to individual objects to create a more
    descriptive error message? Using if then statements? I'm sure there's a
    better way right?

    Also, if the validationException is thrown, do I need to call rollback
    manually or is this done automaticallly?

    Thanks!

    Fredrik