How do do a group by

From: Fredrik Liden (flide..ranslate.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 16:59:30 EST

    Let's say I have a table with the following columns:

    lineitem_id
    category
    amount

    How do I do a group by to get the total amounts per category.
    Can this be done with SQLTemplate Scripting only?
    I'm wondering how that works because it one of the parameters to the SQL
    Template function is the class to be returned (If I understand it
    correctly).

    Using SQLTemplate how could I map it to category and total?
    Or do I need a derived entity? (although I thought I saw somewhere that
    derived entities are being phased out)

    Thanks again!

    Fredrik Liden