Re: Synchronization/Deadlock

From: Orion Fields (ofield..martserv.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 15:58:47 EST

    Unfortunately, I didn't know about the kill -QUIT item.

    The next time the server messes up, I'll be sure to grab one of those.
    That's a right useful command.

    Additional information which makes me think it's a deadlock is that no
    exceptions/errors occur.

    The good thing about that command is that all the Threads are still
    running, just waiting for some resource which is locked. If I wait an
    hour to restart the server after it acts up, there could be 20+ threads
    waiting for a lock, and hopefully they're all waiting for the exact same
    resource.

    Orion