Re: cayenne.xml not found - completely at a loss here...

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 12:40:52 EST

    Mike Kienenberger writes:

    > I'm using Eclipse, tomcat, sysdao, cayenne, and struts, so I can probably
    > assist you somewhat.

    Glad to hear it: maybe I'll be able to return the favour some time soon.

    > javax.servlet comes as part of your j2ee container (tomcat in your case).

    Just tried it out and it works, thanks. Only thing, it seems I got
    everything working without the servlet package (see below).

    > By default, Cayenne finds cayenne.xml in the root of your classpath.

    I guess I overlooked something 'couse this placing it in WEB-INF/classes did
    the trick.

    > My first guess is that your sysdao/tomcat interaction isn't set up right,
    > and you're not picking up the classpath.

    Very probably. Only problem, obviously, is that if I knew where the problem
    was, I'd fix it. :)
    Anyway, this deployment descriptor (is that what its' called?) seems to work
    for me: