Re: cayenne.xml not found - completely at a loss here...

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 12:51:09 EST

    > As for cayenne, I've set up a tapestry global-class (application-wide
    > class) that initializes the context and makes it available for all
    > pages. Seems to work: I just use something like ctxt =
    > Global.getContext(); when I load a page and than use the ctxt handle to
    > execute queries. Any comments on such a setup?

    Probably not a good idea (unless your whole app is read only). Normally
    each user session must have its own independent DataContext. In Tapestry
    terms "session" is represented by "visit", so you can simply create a
    DataContext in a Visit class.

    Take a look at one of the two Tapestry examples (one bundled as tutorial
    with Cayenne, and another one is Tapestry blog -
    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/examples/index.html)

    Andrus