abstract superclasses

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..laraview.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 09:07:15 EST

    Are there any dangers in creating abstract superclasses? I had to update my
    template to do this, as I was using an abstract base class that had a method
    to be implemented manually in the data objects. It seems to be working fine,
    but I don't know if there's any subtle danger in doing this?

    If not, is there any objection to just making the superclass abstract
    period? I don't see any non-internal reason to ever instantiate these
    directly.

    Cris