Cayenne modeler - need to generate setters and getters for primary key

From: arun.shanka..ccenture.com
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 16:45:38 EST

    I have an already existing database table that has a meaningful primary key (say, the government issued Social Security Number). I need to access and display this primary key just like any attribute of the object generated for the table. The Cayenne modeler, by default, does not seem to generate a setter or a getter for the primary key in the generated classes. How do I make it generate a setter and a getter for the primary key ?

    Please note that section 4.7.1 of the Cayenne 1.1 User Guide (http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/design/autopk.html) briefly mentions this situation but does not say how to make the modeler handle this situation.

    Any help is appreciated,

    Arun Shankar