Re: Cayenne modeler - need to generate setters and getters for primary key

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 09:16:32 EST

    On 3/10/05 3:04 AM, "Jürgen Saar" <jsaa..eb.de> wrote:

    > But this only makes sense for connecting cayenne to
    > 'historically grown' projects ... new projects should
    > not have meaningful PKs

    Out of curiousity, what do you suggest? Normalizing the relations and then
    ignoring the functional dependencies by adding a separate numeric id field?
    I can see how such works better with something like Cayenne, but it does
    seem to run counter-intuitive to the model that was just designed
    (especially with "static" information, such as an SSN).

    --
    Kevin