open cayenne project error

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 12:26:42 EST

    My database was imported into MSSQL 2000 via data transformation
    services from an excel file. A lot of attributes have spaces, national
    characters and even a plus and a hash sign. When I reverse-engineered a
    cayenne map from the database and tried to save, cayenne complained (as
    expected) about invalid object entity attribute names (containing the
    same spaces and so on). I corrected the attribute names and saved the
    cayenne project. However, now that I want to open it again, cayenne
    reports errors: "map failed to load" and "map reference failed to load".
    Where do I start? The idea of modifying the DTS package again so that
    attributes are in English alphabet letters only isn't at all appealing
    and I don't believe that that's the "right way" to tackle this problem.
    I'm guessing code pages or something like that, but I'd appreciate some
    advice before a spend a couple of days wrestling with this issue.

    Tomislav