getting a List of Comparables, feature request?

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 22:21:38 EST

    I find myself writing a lot of code to put Lists of objects that I get
    from a query into their natural ordering. How big a performance hit
    would it be to check if the type of the class in a relationship
    implements Comparable and then sort the List before it's returned from
    CayenneDataObject?

    My problem is that the code to do this is buried all over the place in
    Tapestry page classes and if I forget to sort the Lists in one instance
    bad things can happen such as data being corrupted.

    Is there a better way to deal with this?

    Thanks,
    Todd