Re: One more query

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 19:33:22 EST

    On Mar 17, 2005, at 5:43 PM, Gentry, Michael ((Contractor)) wrote:

    > I'd almost prefer another constructor which could take a DataNode as
    > the
    > first parameter, since that makes more sense (and would default the
    > query to raw rows then).

    I am against exposing DataNode at the DataContext level (and anything
    from "access" package in query and expression API)...

    We already allow DataMap object to be used as query "root"... This
    makes the most sense to me as this preserves current abstraction and
    layer separation, and DataMap can only map to a one DataNode. So at
    your application layer you don't have to know anything about connection
    mapping, and allow an external change without affecting your code.

    Ideally this approach should be extended to allow DataMap *name*
    String, however there is a backwards compatibility problem with that
    -historically in Cayenne String query root indicated an ObjEntity.

    Andrus