setting database connection information for deployed application

From: Stas Pietrucha (sta..ac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 15:16:35 EST

    I have searched the docs and read through examples and API but I am
    still having trouble wrapping my head around this.. While I'm
    developing my app (Cocoa-Java on OS X) I have my model set up with the
    hsqldb driver connecting to a JDBC url for the database running in
    server mode. When I deploy my application, the same database will be
    running in embedded mode which requires a different JDBC url. What is
    the preferred way to accomplish this?

    Thank you,
    Stas Pietrucha