Re: Problems with OracleAdapter

From: laila paganelli (laila.paganell..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 12:54:38 EST

    Hi Cris,

    I know LONG fields have been deprecated since long ago, but we are
    still stuck with them as many or our applications are still developed
    using WebObjects 4.5.1 (using Objective-C) and its Oracle Adaptor
    links against a very old version of the OCI (around 7.3) that could
    handle only LONG fields; no LOBs available thou.

    I'm using 9.0.2 JDBC drivers with Cayenne and when running my
    application using JdbcAdapter read/write LONG operation is ok.
    Do you think It is possible to use OracleAdapter?
    If it is impossible, how I can customize PK generation using a JdbcAdapter?

    Thanks
    Laila