Re: deadlock between commit and external event

From: chrisd (chris..xtelecom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 13:48:54 EST

    On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 11:30 -0500, Orion Fields wrote:
    > Chris,
    >
    > Does the application run for awhile and then freeze, or does it freeze
    > after the first database access/commit attempt?

    It seems that my webapp will trundle along just fine for most
    operations. But some writes seem more predisposed to freezing than
    others. I suppose they just spend longer in the critical sections?

    Commits send events to the EventManager and in my case, out onto the
    jgroups network; are these received by the app that sent them? Could
    this cause problems? If so would it be sufficient to ignore these?

    Chris D.