Re: deadlock between commit and external event

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 18:16:16 EST

    On Mar 25, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > chrisd <chris..xtelecom.com> wrote:
    >> Commits send events to the EventManager and in my case, out onto the
    >> jgroups network; are these received by the app that sent them? Could
    >> this cause problems? If so would it be sufficient to ignore these?
    >
    > Chris, from my very brief glance at your stack trace (and my own), I
    > think
    > the EventBridge threads are locking up while notifying your local
    > Cayenne
    > DataRowStore of external changes. So unless you don't want to receive
    > event notifications (maybe you only want to send them to other
    > processes?),
    > you can't ignore the problem.
    >
    > -Mike

    Chris, Mike,

    I just posted a fix in JIRA -

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY
    -297#action_10904
    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/download/attachments/134/cayenne
    -1.1.2p1.jar?version=1

    As there were others who had this problem, I am sending an announcement
    to cayenne-user as well. Let me know if it fixes the issue - I'll
    commit the patch to 1.1 and 1.2 branches.

    Andrus