Re: Q: Anyone using a FileMaker Pro 'database' successfully?

From: Nick Westgate (nic..ey-planning.co.jp)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 06:56:11 EDT

    Hi Andrus.

    Thanks for your reply. You are lucky not to have had experience
    with FileMaker. Or at least its xDBC drivers anyway. ;-)

    I have no choices here. FileMaker supplies a DataDirect SequeLink
    driver which is of very disappointing quality. The latest version
    stops even iSQL-Viewer from working.

    So today I installed MySQL, and I'll see if I have time to explore
    Cayenne with that, then try the hand-coded approach you suggest.

    Thanks again,
    Nick.