transactions, row locking, race condition?

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 10:21:38 EDT

    The problem: N concurrent users access try to read and modify M table
    rows and no two users should get the same table row (using Postgre 8).
    I'm certain this must have been mentioned before so I'd appreciate a
    link or two to get me started. A couple of comments of what can and
    cannot be done in cayenne would be a bonus, but is not required. :)
    I could probably write a procedure (though I'm new to pl/pgsql), execute
    the sql in a transaction and have it done and over with, but I'd prefer
    to do it the "cayenne way". :)

    TIA,
    Tomislav