Re: transactions, row locking, race condition?

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 08:23:25 EDT

    Tore Halset wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > What about dropping point 2 and use optimistic locking at point 3? It
    > someone else has taken that candidate you will just have to try once
    > more.

    I have a feeling we're on to something now: I wasn't clear on what
    optimistic locking really is...not sure if I am now, for that matter.
    Would it be too much if I asked you to illustrate how you would do this?
     From what I can tell, I'd retrieve an object from a table with
    optimistic locking set, and try to save the timestamp until I can
    confirm that a row was updated - how do I confirm the update took place?
    Does cayenne somehow take care of this for me?

    Regards,
    Tomislav