RE: Cayenne release schedule

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 11:09:16 EDT

    The UUID concept appeals to me, too. I looked at doing something
    similar using Java 1.4.2, but I couldn't find a way to get the process
    ID without resorting to C via JNI. Does anyone know of a 1.4.2 way of
    doing this? I think it would be great to have primary keys with value
    (create date/time, server IP, process ID, etc) encoded in them so you
    can decode them when debugging or tracking down a production issue.
    Sure, they are bigger than an integer, but you get a return for the
    cost.

    /dev/mrg