Re: login dependend databases

From: Dirk Wellmann (d..dsoft.de)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 04:14:10 EDT

    Hello Juergen,

    we've solved this for us using:

    FileConfiguration lvCayenneFileConfig = new FileConfiguration (lvCayenneConfigFile);
    lvCayenneFileConfig.addFilesystemPath (lvCayenneConfigDirectory);
    //System.out.println("--------------------------------->" + lvCayenneFileConfig.getProjectFile().getAbsolutePath());
    Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration (lvCayenneFileConfig);

    where lvCayenneFileConfig points to the Directory and Filename where Cayenne reads the cayennexyz.xml. We've appended
    the Portalname of the Portal the user has been loged in. So there is a cayenne_info.xml and a cayenne_edi.xml ... and so on.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards

    Dirk

    Jürgen Saar schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think the topic had been discussed in past, but I can't find the thread.
    >
    > I've got the follwing problem:
    >
    > We are developing a kind of info system,
    > where our customers can give access to order informations via web.
    >
    > The problem is, that the orders are not all in one database,
    > the choice of the database depends on the login ...
    >
    > I have no idea how to realize that with cayenne,
    > even if I overide the classes that deal with the datanodes,
    > how can I ensure that cayenne uses the right connection
    > from the pool for the query of the actual login?
    >
    > Thanx
    > --- Juergen ---

    Viele Grüße

    Dirk Wellmann ---------------------------- PD Software GmbH Amalung Straße 16 37688 Beverungen

    fon.: +49 5275 98 78 0 fax.: +49 5275 98 78 18 mail: d..dsoft.de www: www.pdsoft.de -- Donald E. Knuth: There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one's contributions to computer science.