Re: The right tool for integration to existing DB

From: Colin Surprenant (n..etaxia.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 14:31:27 EDT

    Thanks Andrus for the information.

    About switching DB, my idea was more of keeping the same object model
    for any new DB schema (& technology too). For example, a generic
    import-export class in your application that you need to map to
    different customer's specific data table (also using different DB
    engines - ok, covered with the DB Adapter). In the end you want to keep
    the same import-export class interface but only adapt the mapping
    between your class and the different customers DB schemas.

    I will give it a try!
    Colin.