Re: Multiple Database

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 17:01:34 EDT

    Sami Mohammed <SMOHAMME..ndependenthealth.com> wrote:
    > In my web application, i want to use different databases like oracle,
    sqlserve and DB2, is it possible with same domanin name or i have to create
    differnt doman name in the cayenne.xml or i have to create different
    dataNodes and DataMap files for each database.

    If you want to use different databases, but only one at any particular time,
    you can just specify which <driver>.xml file you want in order to choose the
    database. I do this all the time, changing only my driver.xml file when
    running unit tests, or development tests, or production tests.

    If you want to use multiple databases at the same time, I think you can
    reuse the DataMap, but you need to create a DataDomain/DataNode for each
    database, and they'd all point to the same DataMap. However, I've never
    done this, so I could be wrong.

    -Mike