Re: Reattaching a serialized DataObject to a DataContext

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 16:32:42 EDT

    > Andrus replied,
    >> I'd say yes, but then the same object may still be in the DataContext,
    >> so
     you'll end up with a duplicate... So using someting along the
    >> lines of
     writeReplace() / readResolve() will likely be more
    >> appropriate.
    >
    > I'm now in the situation where JSF is returning my serialized objects
    > with the DataContext reset to null.
    >
    > I searched the cayenne source code for writeReplace and readResolve, and
    > I don't find anything.

    This is Java serialization naming conventions. See

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/Serializable.html

    and

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/Externalizable.html

    Andrus