Tapestry integration options

From: Erik Hatcher (eri..hatchersolutions.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 16:31:53 EDT

    As many folks here are doing, I'm integrating Cayenne into a Tapestry
    application. I'd like for listener methods and any other code I
    write to interact with Cayenne to be as straightforward as possible
    without duplication.

    One thing I've just implemented, but want to validate with the
    Cayenne community, is that of automatically rolling back when an
    exception is encountered in Tapestry, and also automatically
    committing at the end of the request (end of the service, actually).
    I'm doing this using a Tapestry IMonitor hook. I'm using session-
    based DataContext stuffed into thread local storage via the
    WebApplicationContextProvider listener.

    My rationale is that my listener methods are then free to add and
    modify data in the DataContext, but do not have to concern themselves
    with doing a commit - it'll happen automatically, and likewise with
    rollbacks if an exception happens.

    Does this approach make sense? Are there caveats I should be
    concerned with?

    Thanks,
         Erik