Re: SQLException

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 16:38:25 EDT

    It's hard to tell what's going on from the trace you pasted. It really
    looks like the driver you are using is the Weblogic pool driver
    (jdbc:weblogic:pool:EDWD") yet you said you disabled the pool.

    Thus you disabled the pool, but are still attempting to retrieve
    connections from it. Not quite what I had in mind :) Either disable
    the pool and use Cayenne's, or PROPERLY use the weblogic pool with
    Cayenne. Doing so requires using a DataSource for your Datanode.

    To use the pool properly, you first of all need to have a JDBC
    DataSource created in the Weblogic Administration Console (looks like
    you do - called EDWD). Then, go to the Datanode in the Cayenne modeler
    and select "JNDIDataSourceFactory" as the DataSource Factory. Under
    JNDI Location, enter the JNDI name you use to retrieve connections --
    again, probably EDWD.

    If you want to use your own pool and not the weblogic pool (my guess
    is this is NOT what you want to do), then your DB URL in the modeler
    should look like this:

    jdbc:oracle:thin..ostname:1521:schema

    Cris