Re: Tapestry integration options

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 08:53:16 EDT

    >> If you don't have the need or desire to have a unit of work span
    >> requests, and none of the potential issues above apply, then I think
    >> you are doing the right thing. I have used a similar technique in some
    >> smaller webapps with no trouble...
    >
    > It sounds tenuous to span unit of work across requests since the
    > committing request may never come. My application would be best
    > served by ensuring things are written to the database as often as
    > possible so that no one loses any work. In fact, I'll likely end up
    > doing some AJAXy stuff that would save in the background even.

    Sorry, too busy at the moment to comment on the bigger picture. A quick
    note re: uncommitted state across requests.

    While this may not be applicable to all applications, it is a useful and
    commonly encountered case when you don't want to store incomplete data in
    the database. It is not going to do you any good if a user commits step A
    and then closes her browser and never commits step B of a multi-step data
    entry process. But then again - it depends on the application..

    Andrus