Re: unit testing Cayenne objects

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 10:12:09 EDT

    > That is my setUp method (which you handle with DBUnit), so it's not
    > testing Cayenne. My unit test is this:

    Sorry... I was just trying to make the point that by explicitly
    creating objects via code, you are creating an unscalable solution
    (i.e. what if you need 2 or 5 or 25 pieces of data for a test?)

    > I definitely do not want or need to get into testing Cayenne itself,
    > which is a risk we all take when testing things involving a
    > framework. My goal is to test my code, and my code only, but that
    > will indirectly involve Cayenne of course.

    Absolutely. In fact, my unit tests found a fairly esoteric bug in
    Cayenne a while back that Cayenne's own unit tests did not find. Not
    at all a bad thing :)