Re: Getting complex queries in cayenne

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 21:56:27 EDT

    On May 9, 2005, at 9:32 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > ... In the meantime let me see what can be done about preventing this
    > SQLTemplate behavior (i.e. quietly creating invalid DataObjects when
    > DB results are not comprehensible). Ideally it should throw an
    > exception...

    Oh, and by the way, I suggest upgrading to 1.1.2 if you haven't done so
    already (unless you are on 1.2, than get the latest milestone M4).

    1.1.2 release fixes CAY-290 issue
    (http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-290),
    detecting (at least partially) query results incompatible with the
    DataObject you want to make. So you'll get a CayenneRuntimeException
    that should point you to the problems with the query.

    Andrus