Question about DataContext

From: Fredrik Liden (flide..ranslate.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 13:49:38 EDT

    I'm just curious,
    Is there any preference over calling the following line for every
    request to various JSPs and Servlets compared to just calling it once
    during login and then take that context and store it as a session
    attribute?

    DataContext context =
    BasicServletConfiguration.getDefaultContext(request.getSession());

    The reason I ask is that sometimes I need to clear out the context and
    all the objects (say if a change was made to the underlying db). I'm
    thinking the logout which invalidates the session would be a good place
    for that. Or during the logout, should I just release all the objects in
    the dataContext (if that's possible) ?

    Fredrik