Re: Getting complex queries in cayenne

From: Sami Mohammed (SMOHAMME..ndependenthealth.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 10:29:31 EDT

    Hi Andrus,

    Thank you,
    Its working without upgrading.
    when i set code with
    query.setFetchingDataRows(true);

    and in jsp page i am calling directly Db attribute instead of Object attribute

    in jsp :
    instead of calling usrId i called table field name (USR_ID)
    it works fine.

    is there any way that i can call object entity in jsp using SQLTemplate instead of Table field

    Thanks
    sami

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure by Federal and State
    confidentiality laws rules and regulations. This e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee only. If you are not the designated addressee, you
    are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal consequences. If you
    have received this e-mail and attachments in error, please contact Independent Health immediately at (716) 631-3001 and delete the e-mail and its attachments from your
    computer. Thank you for your attention

    >>> andru..bjectstyle.org 05/09/05 09:56PM >>>

    On May 9, 2005, at 9:32 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > ... In the meantime let me see what can be done about preventing this
    > SQLTemplate behavior (i.e. quietly creating invalid DataObjects when
    > DB results are not comprehensible). Ideally it should throw an
    > exception...

    Oh, and by the way, I suggest upgrading to 1.1.2 if you haven't done so
    already (unless you are on 1.2, than get the latest milestone M4).

    1.1.2 release fixes CAY-290 issue
    (http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-290),
    detecting (at least partially) query results incompatible with the
    DataObject you want to make. So you'll get a CayenneRuntimeException
    that should point you to the problems with the query.

    Andrus