Query Caching (newbie)

From: Jonathan Carlson (Jonathan.Carlso..atun.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 18:35:03 EDT

    I'm just starting to use Cayenne more seriously. I'm pretty impressed
    with the paging and performance options, not to mention the modeler
    tool.

    However, this page of the documentation (
    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/fetch/result-caching.html
     ) left me with a big question.

    The part of the page in question is this:
    <snip>
        Query 'name' and caching
    Query "name" property is used as a key to access the cache. Therefore
    two different queries can potentially share and update the same cache
    entry. Also query name is required when result caching is used.
    </snip>

    I'm just curious how "smart" Cayenne might be with caching queries.
    What happens if two queries use the same name, yet have different
    qualifiers? Will the second query just return the exact results that
    the first query returned (ignoring the qualifiers and ordering on the
    second query)?

    Thanks!

    - Jonathan

    the system manager.