Old DataContext hanging around

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 22:27:20 EDT

    Is it possible that Cayenne could be caching old objects with their
    old DataContexts longer than I'd like?

    Here's the situation:

    I'm working on a Tapestry application and the user's DataContext is
    stored in the Visit object. I have a problem where I used

    Foo aFoo = (Foo) getDataContext().createAndRegisterNewObject(Foo.class);

    And then I tried

    bar.setFoo(aFoo);

    and got an exception that aFoo and bar have different DataContexts.

    Sure enough, I printed the DataContexts and they are different, but I
    noticed that every time I crash Tapestry and have to restart the
    session, I get a new DataContext, but the bar object above keeps an
    old DataContext from a while ago while the foo gets the correct
    current DataContext.

    Is this a problem of caching and if so, is there an easy way to clear
    the cache when I destroy the Visit?

    If it's not a problem of caching, does anyone have an idea where I
    should start looking?

    Thanks,
    Todd