Generated ID in 1.2?

From: McDaniel, Joe R. (mcdanij..igr.org)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 14:19:09 EDT

    I was trying to use the generated id feature new to 1.2 and must be
    missing something -- I did not set this value (it is generated???) but
    then I get an error that it cannot be null. Should I set it to be
    nullable expecting that it will be filled in later?

    Also, if Generated is checked, should Identity (in Sybase) be the field
    if I use Cayenne to create the table?

    Joe