Re: Generated ID in 1.2?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 14:24:31 EDT

    > I was trying to use the generated id feature new to 1.2 and must be
    > missing something -- I did not set this value (it is generated???) but
    > then I get an error that it cannot be null. Should I set it to be
    > nullable expecting that it will be filled in later?
    >
    > Also, if Generated is checked, should Identity (in Sybase) be the field
    > if I use Cayenne to create the table?
    >
    > Joe

    Joe,

    At the moment this works on MySQL and SQLServer. On Sybase it should
    quietly continue using the regular PK generation mechanism (even if you
    check "generated"), as SybaseAdapter is configured to ignore those.

    So if you are getting an exception only when you check "generated"
    checkbox for a pk and the error goes away when you uncheck it, there might
    be a bug somewhere. If you don't find any reasonable explanation on your
    end, please submit a report via Jira.

    Andrus