Re: JNDI problem...

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 12:12:16 EDT

    On 5/25/05, Julien Vignali <julien.vignal..im.hcuge.ch> wrote:
    > Cris,
    > Grr, Tomcat again!
    > I'll eventually try my webapp with versions 5.5.8 and 5.5.7... Unfortunately, I can't relocate my
    > JNDI resources to the server.xml because of our access policies to production environment in our
    > structure ;-)
    > By the way, the main goal of using JNDI resources was to use DBCP, so I will also try to use the
    > DBCPDataSourceFactory of Cayenne instead of the JNDIDataSourceFactory...

    The DBCPDataSourceFactory still relies on JNDI.

    Incidentally, I had a similar problem today in Tomcat 5.0.x... I was
    adding entries to the DataMap at runtime, and they were being lost
    after the server restarted. I think this was actually caused by some
    classloader misbehavior in Tomcat. Tomcat claims to use a child
    ClassLoader for each webapp, but it doesn't quite 'throw it away' on
    redeploy.

    I'm not sure if this is a permanent limitation of Tomcat, or a bug.
    Other appservers that I know of have worked around this problem by
    doing some custom classloading magic that works around the JVM.

    That said, I have done JNDI-based connections using Tomcat 5.0, and
    had no redeploy problem, so a solution that doesn't involve using
    another appserver exists :)

    Cris