Re: Method access

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 11:35:09 EDT

    > I noticed I can't change the scope of a constructor to less that public
    > access. I presume I could change the get/sets to less than public
    > access, but then if I regenerate I would have to change them again. Is
    > there a place to denote access to generated accessors (or maybe default
    > them all to "protected")?
    >
    > Joel

    Joel,

    To generate protected accessor methods, all you need is a small change in
    a class generation Velocity template:

    1. Create a copy of $CAYENNE_HOME/src/cayenne/dotemplates/superclass.vm
    2. Modify the accessor signatures
    3. Set cgen ant task "supertemplate" binding to point to the custom
    template (or select a custom template in the modeler):

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/javagen.html

    Andrus