Read-only many to many

From: Nick Stuart (nicholas.stuar..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 11:09:10 EDT

    Ok, so I'm a newb to Cayenne and this has probably already been
    answered, but since i can't find a searchable list archive anywhere,
    here goes.

    I've got a many-to-many relationship I'm trying to build and it looks
    like everything is working, but the classes generated only let me get
    the list and not add to them. I've got a join table and relationship
    to both ids and all the chained joins appear to be setup correctly in
    the objects, but still no love.

    What am I missing to be able add to the join table? I've tried just
    about every combo I can come up with, but there must be something.
    BTW, this is with 1.2M4.

    This is a simple mapping:
    Users can be moderators of several Forums
    Forums can have several User moderators

    Join table with userId and forumId
    user relationship going from the join table userId to user table Id
    same for forums.

    Chained relations
    Forum->join table -> user table
    User -> join table -> forum table