Record counts...

From: Nick Stuart (nicholas.stuar..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 15:26:08 EDT

    This should be an easy one. I basically just want to find out how many
    objects of a certain type there are. Easy to do with a SelectQuery and
    user List.size() but does the cause any kind of performance issues?
    Just thinking if these objects have child objects, which has more
    child objects, will it pull all those when I Select the parent?

    Not familiar with the 'laziness' of Cayenne yet so not sure how far it
    goes down, or doesn't go down the hierarchy.

    Any better ways to this? Besides setting up a completly seperate SQL
    connection for simple query results like this?

    -Nick