Re: Cayenne performance degrades over time

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 15:27:25 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Cache settings have effect on the shared cache in a multiuser app. For a
    > single session DataContext (or rather its ObjectStore) has no upper limit
    > on the number of cached objects as it is designed to have a shorter life
    > span.

    I wanted to ask this for some time - would it be possible to change this
    in some 'soft' way? Maybe using SoftReferences (not Weak) would help, so
    that a pending OOM can be avoided in situations where there really is only
    one session and lots of GC pressure, or something like that. IMHO a hard
    upper limit sounds wrong for a per-context setting, so something more
    graceful would be nice. Hard? Easy? Wrong idea? :)

    Holger