Re: Cayenne performance degrades over time

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 20:44:56 EDT

    Yeah, this type of things can bite. So this is one of those "don't
    try it at home" techniques :-)

    I guess we can still significantly improve large commit performance
    by tracking NEW, MODIFIED and DELETED objects separately from
    COMMITTED and HOLLOW to avoid multiple passes through the entire
    cache on commit.

    In fact we are doing this for MODIFIED already (though for a
    different reason - see ObjectStore.retainSnapshot()). It shouldn't be
    too hard to extend ObjectStore and CayenneDataObject to do that
    consistently for all "dirty" objects.

    Andrus