Re: Subclassing a DataObject

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 17:25:08 EDT

    Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > There's probably a better way to solve your testing problem, but I don't
    > have enough info (either that, or enough brain cells) to provide any ideas.

    Hmm . . . there are certainly other ways, and they are better than
    adding another DataMap. The goal here is transparency. In the general
    case, the rest of the system uses interfaces, so it's not particularly
    bound to the DataObject. But it'd be nice if the client didn't really
    need to know about Cayenne rules when looking to subclass.

    Perhaps the velocity templates should be updated to make these generated
    classes final then?

    --
    Kevin