Re: Keeping sync modeler files with db

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 09:55:47 EDT

    Following someone else's suggestion (so much for attribution of good
    ideas), I save the .sql file but don't let the modeler modify the
    database.

    My first SQL file is setup01.sql. When I want to add something, I
    save it as setup02.sql and go in to remove all the drop and create
    table statements plus the statements for AUTO_PK_SUPPORT that I don't
    need (because they were taken care of in the 01 file). To set up a
    test database, I just run all the .sql files in order. To modify my
    production database, I just run the one file I've just created.

    It does require some careful editing, but I don't usually add more
    than a table or two on each iteration, so it's not so bad.

    HTH,
    Todd