Re: DataObject states

From: Dhruti Ramani (dhrutiraman..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 13:26:54 EDT

    not getting any error. it just does not set the user to UserRole.

    Todd O'Bryan <toddobrya..ac.com> wrote:What kind of error are you getting? compile-time, run-time? What is the actual error?

    Todd

    On Jul 5, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Dhruti Ramani wrote:

    Hi,

    I have list of SystemUser objects called "Users" and another sublist of Users is called "teamMembers". To get this teamMemembers, i am getting some users from "Users" and sort them by email address. If I print both lists then objects in "Users" has state "committed" and in "teamMemebers" has "modified".

    Now if I try to add any object from "User" to some UserRole(cayenne Object) then it will work but if I try to add from "teamMemebets"(state is modified") then it wont work.

     Does that persistence state matters? I am not changing anything in objects of "teamMembers" then why i get modified state? I tried to change the state using "setPersistenceState(3)" but then also I could not add that user to UserRole.

    Please let me know if I am doing something wrong?
    Thanks,
    Denna

    http://mail.yahoo.com