RE: SelectQuery and table that is synonym

From: McDaniel, Joe R. (mcdanij..igr.ORG)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 14:11:46 EDT

    There is a significant difference in time to execute for these
    "identical" queries. Have you tried the two queries directly using some
    database utility?

    Also, Oracle's JDeveloper is now free and is a superb IDE which has
    database browsing built-in. It is not Oracle specific for database,
    J2EE, or anything. For the price, it beats Eclipse every-which-way in my
    opinion. I have used it with Cayenne for debugging and testing -- you
    just create a library entry for cayenne.jar that also points to the
    source to debug into Cayenne.

    Best,

    Joe